Pumpkin Seed Bars & Truffles – guilt-free and nutritious sweet treat
Once you’ve tried making your favourite nut/seed butters, there’s no turning back. For peeps like me who don’t get access to good quality nut/seeds butters, a good old handy food processor helps with making your own from scratch a breeze. Like how I made my Pumpkin Seed Butter in minutes.
What to do with nut/seed butters besides eating them by the spoonfuls? 😀
I have quite a number of recipes that uses nut butters – Big Breakfast Oats, Flourless Peanut Butter Cookie, Peanut Butter Banana Scramble, Homemade Peanut Butter Cups. Oops I’ve revealed my peanut butter obsession..
And of course these super easy sweet treats – no-bake bars and truffles.
Guilt-free and nutritious treat. Sugar-free, grain-free, nut-free, dairy-free.. paleo-ish treat. Even though it’s a healthy treat, of course like any other treats, moderation is still the key.
The method is pretty much the same with the peanut butter cups recipe. Combine coconut oil/ghee, sweetener and seed butter. Top/coat with melted dark chocolate and chill to set. The difficult part is waiting for it to set, or just pop a truffle into your mouth after coating with chocolate, just like I did. Just be careful with the dripping chocolate!
- Mix first 3 ingredients in a bowl and freeze it for 10 minutes.
- Melt chocolate in a heat-proof bowl over a pot of gently simmering water.
- Remove the pumpkin seed mixture from the freezer and form into 10 balls (2.5cm) with your hands.
- After the balls are formed, dip balls into melted chocolate and scoop them out with a fork onto a plate. Place the plate into refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Spread the rest of the mixture into a 20cmx12cm container (lined with cling wrap) and pour the melted chocolate over the top. Refrigerate for 1 hour, then they cut them into bars.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer.