One thing I don’t like about vacations is over indulging in food – which I tend to do a lot. and I’m feeling bloated after the short island getaway last weekend. And my immediate remedy – Ginger Lemongrass Tea.
Something special happens when the ginger and lemongrass flavours infused in hot water. Cleansing, calming, refreshing and gently stimulating, I find this tea is soothing in some way.. So if work stresses you out, have a mug of this around 3pm to refresh. or just anytime of the day
This herbal tea just take 5 minutes of your precious time. And more reasons to make this tea.. Lemongrass, a renown anti-fungal, and ginger, a powerful digestive, have the combined effect of creating a tea that is at once calming to the nerves and soothing to the digestive tract.
- 1 knob of fresh ginger – peeled and slightly crushed
- 3 cups of water
- 2 stalks of lemongrass – slightly crushed
- Rock sugar or Honey to sweeten
- Add water, ginger, and lemongrass to a small pot, and bring it to a boil for about 2 minutes. Turn the heat off and let steep for 20 minutes.
- Strain out lemongrass and ginger pieces. Add sweetener and serve hot.